- First of all – and my most important point – one week until my birthday. :D
- Leave it to someone like me to have the most messed up pets. My stupid kitten keeps trying to drink my contact solution. ….there really is no explanation.
- I would very much like to know why perfect strangers feel the need to tell me things. And not just random things or boring things, but really deep, personal, inappropriate information and details about themselves. I don’t ask to know. I don’t seek them out. But they start conversations with me, and it so quickly turns into a therapy session. ….whaa…? What is it? Do seem trustworthy? Do I just have a friendly face? What, in the name of all that is good and pure, is it???
- I was thinking the other day…..at the beginning of this year, I said that 2014 was the year that I got skinny, got pretty, moved out and got married. Judging by what an incredible disappointment I turned out to be, I am going to have absolutely no expectations for 2015.
Day 4 – I love this song, but….
Last Train Home – Lostprophets
When I hear this song, I immediately think of Spring Break 2004, but I had this jam on repeat. Love this song…love the album. But….I feel kind of creepy listening to Lostprophets now that I know what their lead singer did. …Yikes. If you really want to know, go google that shiz….but I can guarantee it might ruin this song/band for you more than a little bit.
- I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas yesterday. :| …..I…I have no words. That was the creepiest thing I’ve ever watched. They let children watch that movie?? I. I don’t even know. Although, I have been singing “This is Halloween, this is Halloween” all freaking day.
- I have been reading Gone Girl because the previews for the movie made me so curious as to what happens in that book. I finished the book yesterday. Now, let me preface this by saying, the book is incredibly well-written and will definitely keep your attention, because, almost immediately, you will die trying to figure out what happens. However….the first thing I said when I was done…”What a stupid book.” Not even joking. It has such a crapass awful ending. I was so pissed off. (Haha) I really hate it when books don’t resolve the way I want them to.
- I need a vacation in a super bad way. So…who wants to take me? :D
- Guys in soft, loose t-shirts = yum.
- One of the local weather guys is such a cutie cute. Thank you, tornadoes.
- Feel an asthma attack coming on. Have a multiple minutes long sneeze attack. Breathing back to normal. Whaa…..
- I now own two different copies of Sleeping Beauty. Oh yeah. That’s right.
- I was supposed to be at work at 8 this morning, and I woke up at 7:45. Ugh.
- Alabama has some amusing town names: Jerusalem, Coxey, Confluence, Shanghai, Leggtown. Hehe.
- dssssss <—-the cat keeps walking across my keyboard
Day 2 – A song you loved right from the first five seconds
Animals – Maroon 5
You guys don’t even know….this is my jam. Capital J -A -M, jam. Jigging…turned up in the car…love.
In an attempt to kill my boredom (which is muchos prevalent these days) and count down to my birthday (17 days!), I’m doing another music challenge. So enjoy! Or don’t. :P
Day One – A song that you never get tired of
Pompeii – Bastille
I never get tired of Bastille…period.
- The Fault in Our Stars, the movie, is so much better than The Fault in Our Stars, the book. Before I read the book, all anyone ever told me was about how they cried the entire time they were reading it. When I read it, I though it was cute, sweet, but not liquid-coming-out-of-my-eyes sad. When I watched the movie, I was sobbing like a child. Let me enlighten you as to why this is such a big deal: I never, ever think a movie is better than a book. Movies usually take way too many liberties, cast the absolute wrong people as the main characters and just fully disappoint me. I will always choose the book over the movie. (Just as a side note: The only instance where the book and movie are both amazing is Silver Linings Playbook.)
- Guess who got Frozen wrapping paper and maple bacon cookie mix yesterday? Uh, that would be me. :)
- A question for people who are wiser than me: What is a good way to figure out if you really, truly want to have children? My entire life, it was always a given that, one day, I would have kids and they would be chubby and bald and adorable and everyone would pitch a fit over them. And when I think about it, I would enjoy having babies and then children and eventually teenagers. …..but…..the older I get, the more I am flooded with reality. A baby is a human life that solely you are responsible for. And it’s not like taking care of a pet, where if something happens to it, you bury it in the backyard, mourn for a bit and then get another one. This is a human. A tiny, living, breathing, human….that you carry in your body for 9 months and then must support for the next 18 years (sometimes longer). And, while I’m hovering around the topic, I’m not so okay with the reality of giving birth. While I have a fairly high threshold for pain, I possess graham cracker bones, I do not like the idea of a needle going through my spine, and, with my luck, I’d probably be in labor for days. It’s gonna hurt. And I don’t like that. It scares me. I don’t know….maybe I’m having some sort of adult crisis or maybe I’m not near as responsible as I’d like to think…..but there has to be a way to know if you really do want kids. I’ve got three hands here. Hand one: Sometimes, I feel like I’m meant to eventually be a mother and having kids would be amazing and everything else scary or unnerving just won’t matter so much. Hand two: Maybe I’ll have kids and my parents will finally be grandparents and they can stop reminding me that my clock is tick tick ticking away. Hand three: Kids are expensive and limit your freedom and I’d like to be able to selfishly come and go as I please without the added responsibility. Ugh!
- I almost punted my kitten this morning. Not even trying to lie. She decided that 6AM would be a good time to spill a cup of water all over my carpet and my laptop. This is, like, the third time she’s knocked a cup over and the second time she’s done it on my laptop. ….I don’t even know….what is happening….
- Someone needs to hurry up and marry me, because girlfriend is getting antsy over here.
- So, my dad has a kidney stone…for the 19th time in his life. (Not even joking; I asked how many.) And I’m wondering if it’s a hereditary thing and if I’m next. Wouldn’t that suck….
- Hey! Did anybody know that Channing Tatum is from Alabama? From a town that is actually not too far from me, I do believe. Interesting, but do you know what would be even more interesting? If, you know, Tom Hiddleston or Adam Young were from Alabama, because then I might actually have a shot….and that would be magnificent.