Darkness falls far before we do.
Whisky-hardened hearts and children of independence.
Short skirts and shorter attention spans.
You have seconds to excite me.
Ready. Set. Go.
We hide our secrets in leather sofas
but leave our souls bared beneath dim streetlights.
Corners that are haunted with the warm and harsh
taste of your lips parting mine, cool and passionate.
Some nights are designed to live forever.
Tattoos wash away with smiles and regrets,
rivers of sins flowing through dusty gutters.
Vodka tumblers hold as much promise as every green light.
Life begins anew behind every wooden door,
every bathroom mirror, every rain soaked window.
We are products of gratification…
instant, spontaneous, immortal.
Darkness falls far before we do.
We are rare creatures with diamonds in our blood.
Patina staffs, silk, ethereal cotton candy daydreams.
Rulers of kingdoms that exist in asphalt jungles and fairy tales.
We demand nothing less than cushioned luxury,
but nothing more than flawed perfection.
Kings and queens of contradiction.
We build our walls of glitter and glass,
sparkling across peasant moors and monopoly boards.
Shall we sate their thirst with champagne
or leave them impossibly wanting?
Our avarice is undeniable as we sit atop
thrones of ruby red sapphire gold.
But I am kind, my love, and always will be.
We spend our days in boredom and nights in worship.
Dreams of chandeliers and ballrooms,
gowns, walls and lips dripping with opulence.
How difficult life would be if not so indulgent,
not so breathlessly enjoyed and unmasked,
heads heavily raising steel crowns and tiaras.
- Well, I’ve had the great fortune of spending my entire week sick. Sinus infection, bronchitis, what-the-frig-ever else. But, with some steroids and antibiotics, I can finally breathe again.
- You know that feeling when you are hardcore craving something…and you just can’t figure out what that something is? I hate that. I’m hungry and I hate that.
- Why can’t I be impossibly cool? Everything I do, I feel like such a dork dorky dork. I’d love a little coolness…just once.
- Have you seen Midnight in Paris? If yes, congratulations on watching such an amazing movie. If not, do it right now so we can talk about how amazing it is.
Let me build this infinitely high.
A beacon to the galaxies
and a deterrent for the future.
A darkened heap, collection of
memories, words, kisses, touches,
sin-riddled tokens of everything you are,
everything you could have been,
everything you weren’t to me.
This will be an epic light show.
A single match to set ablaze this
unreliable, swaying bridge between us.
Every night spent in your fantasy,
longing heartbeats, unanswered questions,
moments I thought you were mine…
now sizzle and pop a thousand degrees,
and it highlights this devilish smile.
You can cry a flood to extinguish.
Conjure ancient mystics to dance in the flames.
But, just as mine, your attempts are meaningless.
I will watch you burn.
My birthday is in two days, so see below a picture list of some things I want :
Day 5 – A song that was meant for you
Up All Night – Owl City
Every once in a while, a song comes along that makes me think, “Hm. I could have written that.” This is one of those songs. I could have written this song. In close but distant ways, I’m pretty sure I’ve written something like this in a poem before. It’s not all that surprising because Owl City writes my soul, writes my heart. Every single song melts me into a puddle of liquid emotion. Adam Young is absolute perfection in every way possible.
- First of all – and my most important point – one week until my birthday. :D
- Leave it to someone like me to have the most messed up pets. My stupid kitten keeps trying to drink my contact solution. ….there really is no explanation.
- I would very much like to know why perfect strangers feel the need to tell me things. And not just random things or boring things, but really deep, personal, inappropriate information and details about themselves. I don’t ask to know. I don’t seek them out. But they start conversations with me, and it so quickly turns into a therapy session. ….whaa…? What is it? Do seem trustworthy? Do I just have a friendly face? What, in the name of all that is good and pure, is it???
- I was thinking the other day…..at the beginning of this year, I said that 2014 was the year that I got skinny, got pretty, moved out and got married. Judging by what an incredible disappointment I turned out to be, I am going to have absolutely no expectations for 2015.
Day 4 – I love this song, but….
Last Train Home – Lostprophets
When I hear this song, I immediately think of Spring Break 2004, because I had this jam on repeat. Love this song…love the album. But….I feel kind of creepy listening to Lostprophets now that I know what their lead singer did. …Yikes. If you really want to know, go google that shiz….but I can guarantee it might ruin this song/band for you more than a little bit.